The Carnegie Dinosaurs Collection is the Most Extensive Today
The Carnegie Dinosaurs
The Carnegie Collection first made the Dino-scene in 1988. Up until then Invicta's British Museum collection had been the only high quality Dinosaur toys available to the public. In that year The Carnegie Museum of Natural History collaborated with Safari Ltd to produce the Carnegie Dinosaurs Collection (opens new window) of Dinosaur toys. It quickly became the finest collection of Dinosaur toys in the world and is currently the broadest and most extensive.
The first to produce Dinosaur toys in bright colors Safari, Ltd. set a standard that the world is working to live up to. These are available new in retail stores and on the internet with prices ranging from ~$5.00 to $30.00+ (but not plus much).
They are made of rubber and are great toys in that they are quite tough and resilient. Many of the bipedal Dinosaurs are very well balanced and stand on their two-feet without the tail as a support, only as a balance. The paint is subject to wear but easily touched up should you actually care to.
Safari is continuously improving and upgrading the Carnegie Dinosaurs line as time passes and the current crop combine bright (reptile-like) colors, exciting poses and realistic detail. The Carnegie Collection is the biggest single Dinosaur toys collection produced today. They are (almost) all in 1/40 scale so they can play well with each other. This scale is also close to (or the same as) most every other Dinosaur toys line.
Keep Your Eyes On The Carnegie Dinosaur Collection- It Keeps Evolving
We here at The Dinosaur Toys Collectors Guide have only one purpose in being here at all. Providing you, our readers, with the best, most informative and entertaining information about Dinosaur toys both past and present.
In order to best achieve that goal, in addition to providing pages on individual figures, advice and suggestions on obtaining the Dinosaur toys and pricing, availability and age and personality appropriateness information.... We have instituted our:
1) The (easily subscribed to, FREE) Daily "Dino-Blog" where you are regularly updated as each new page is created and kept up-to-date on Dinosaur toys news and the happenings in "Dino-town."
2) Our Contact-osaur-Us form which you can use to send us comments and tell us what you need and want to see. After all, this site is for your information.
3) Social Networking links (way bottom, upper left) so you can share this page, and our site, with your friends. Thank you.
4) Our mighty and inimitable Search-osaurus Center. (Click link or Below.) You can use the search bars to either search the site for all things Dinosaur (toys) or search the entire web for all things anything at All-a-saurus.
6) Our always open Donate-O-saurus Center (opens new window) where you can make a donation and keep us in business, such as it is. We thank you for anything you can give.
Carnegie Dinosaurs Search-O-saurus Center
You can use this site-search box to find everything you need about Dinosaur toys collecting. Can't remember everywhere we mentioned, say, Velociraptors or Diplodocuses? Just put in your search term and you'll get a listing of everyplace on our site where you can find what you are particularly interested in.
Please note that your search results page will have ads ABOVE and BELOW the actual search results. Those are not from the site, but should be of interest, since Google targets the ads to your particular search.