Jurassic Park Dinosaurs Brought the Movie to Life in the Bedroom and the Backyard
The first Jurassic Park Dinosaurs movie in 1993 began a Dinosaur Toys marketing bonanza.
The Jurassic Park Dinosaurs were initially introduced with the opening of each movie and usually based on the Dinosaurs that made their appearance in the relevant film. Since that time new dinosaur toys have been introduced on a yearly basis, flooding a somewhat saturated market.
The first series of these Dinosaur toys was introduced in 1993, made by Kenner, and (several) were both quite large in size and covered with what was described as "realistic Dinosaur skin." These are among the very best of the Dinosaur toys...ever.
These beautiful toys were both nearly indestructible and yet child-safe. Their bodies are soft and forgiving of falls while being effectively unbreakable. Two important factors in a toy.
Jurassic Park Dinosaurs too Scary? Maybe These Other Toy Companies are What You want
Jurassic Park Dinosaurs...Front and Center
The following listing will be presented by year of production and "series" through 1997. At that point production sort of got out of hand and after which the list will be simply alphabetical. The list will be added to as I discover (with your help) new (to me) figures. I kind of lost interest in these with the plethora of hard plastic, battery operated and often weird Dinosaur toys that inundated the market.
As usual- by clicking on the highlighted Dinosaur name you will get the page describing the Jurassic Park Dinosaurs toy.
JP.02 Dilophosaurus "Spitter"
JP.06 Young T-Rex (light brown)
JP.08 Triceratops (1993)
JP.09 Tyrannosaurus Rex (Big Red - electronic!?!)
The Rexford 2010 Blog Archive, all Rexford, all the time. Creation, extinction, the State Fair, the DMV, elections and Christmas, Nothing is safe, nothing is sacred when Rexford gets involved.
JP.11 Dilophosaurus (electronic)
JP.06 Young T-Rex (green)
JP.19 Carnotaurus ("Demon")
JP.27 Young T-Rex
JP.29 Tyrannosaurus Rex - Thrasher
Here we see the Thrasher T-Rex attacking the Triceratops from an earlier production run.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION- the long and varied list of hard-plastic and electronic figures including the "chaos" series and regular Dinosaurs.
The Jurassic Period saw some very well known Dinosaurs. The Jurassic Park Dinosaurs cover the Permian through the end of The Cretaceous Period and are not limited to any one period.
The best thing about them is that they are meant to be played with and not put up on a shelf to be admired.
For additional information on these Dinosaur Toys check out this site,
where you can see lots of pictures and find out more company and product information.
I love these Dinosaur toys and you will see that as you go through the site. Especially "Rexford", the JP.09, who has many adventures as he travels about the countryside.
We here at The Dinosaur Toys Collectors Guide have only one purpose in being here at all. Providing you, our readers, with the best, most informative and entertaining information about Dinosaur toys both past and present.
In order to best achieve that goal, in addition to providing pages on individual figures, advice and suggestions on obtaining the Dinosaur toys and pricing, availability and age and personality appropriateness information.... We have instituted our:
1) The (easily subscribed to, FREE) Daily "Dino-Blog" where you are regularly updated as each new page is created and kept up-to-date on Dinosaur toys news and the happenings in "Dino-town."
2) Our Contact-osaur-Us form which you can use to send us comments and tell us what you need and want to see. After all, this site is for your information.
3) Social Networking links (way bottom, upper left) so you can share this page, and our site, with your friends. Thank you.
4) Our mighty and inimitable Search-osaurus Center. (Click link or Below.) You can use the search bars to either search the site for all things Dinosaur (toys) or search the entire web for all things anything at All-a-saurus.
5) As you have been perusing this site you may be wondering, "Can I do that?" Well, if having your own website has been your dream you can make that dream come true, here.
6) Our always open Donate-O-saurus Center (opens new window) where you can make a donation and keep us in business, such as it is. We thank you for anything you can give.
You can use this site-search box to find everything you need about Dinosaur toys collecting. Can't remember everywhere we mentioned, say, Velociraptors or Diplodocuses? Just put in your search term and you'll get a listing of everyplace on our site where you can find what you are particularly interested in.
Please note that your search results page will have ads ABOVE and BELOW the actual search results. Those are not from the site, but should be of interest, since Google targets the ads to your particular search.
For Other Toy Companies That Make Dinosaur Toys: Click ME!